JenKelRelDesigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our place to Hangout

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our weekend!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

Our weekend! Empty
PostSubject: Our weekend!   Our weekend! EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Well we're home from our weekend camping, and boy was it an "adventure".

Tom didnt come with us this time- he went on an overnight hike around French Island so we dropped him at the station ar 7.00am and headed off. Took our time and arrived in Toora about 1.30pm.

Start setting up the van (on a very wet site) and I discover that one of the struts that holds the bed end out is missing. Ask Steven where it is and he admits he took it out to use it for something in the garage and forgot to put it back. I'm frustrated at him but acknowledge that its not the end of the world. It was the bed that Tom normally sleeps on, so Meg slept on the table as she normally would and we just didnt use that end.

But then I opened the door of the van and discovered that Steven didnt lock the fridge before we left and so everything had come out. Milk, juice etc in plastic bottles were OK..... BUT...... 6 Vodka pineapple cruisers and 4 beers had blown their tops and alcohol was over the entire floor of the van. Deep breaths.... we can deal with this... its gonna be awfully sticky to clean up.... but we can do this....... and there really didnt seem to be that much liquid. And then I discovered why there wasnt that much on the floor...... my good wool doona had soaked it all up! No dry bedding! (Everything goes on the floor in our van coz it packs down flat). Told Steven we should just go home. He says no (he is furious with himself at this point!). And then it hit me..... Steve and I share an overnight bag, I packed first which meant all my things were on the bottom of the bag.... and were all also soaked in alcohol.

At that point I had to remove myself from the situation and go for a walk (and shed a lot of tears!). In my walks I found the laundry with a dryer so I spent the next hour in there watching my doona and go round and round. I used the time to calm down and remind myself that Steven did not deliberately forget to lock the fridge..... actually I'm proud of myself for the way I handled things. I never raised my voice or made any sarcastic comments (but he will forever be asked... "Have you locked the fridge")!!!

We got everything sorted, the cuupboards in the van got a good clean (coz it all went in underneath the cupboard walls too) and I managed to get the bedding and clothes dry (and slightly shrunken....) I dont think I'll ever drink Pineapple cruisers again!

Aside from that, it was a nice trip and we achieved the main objective of towing the van behind the new car which went really well! Didnt even know it was there and still managed great fuel economy of 10.2 lt/100km which is better than we got with the commodore when we werent towing,

And here are a few photos to share!

Our weekend! Toora2

Our weekend! Toora1

Our weekend! Toora4

Our weekend! Toora3
Back to top Go down
http://scrapperazzi.blogspot.com/
Jen

Jen

Our weekend! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our weekend!   Our weekend! EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:05 pm

OH Narelle, the photos are AMAZING (love the waterfall). You really are getting a hang of the camera.

I can feel the frustration of the story (and no I don't want pinapple cruisers at the retreat either), but a big hug (and a quiet chuckle together might help).

but you did tow the van and the next big trip is ......................Ayers Rock!!!
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

Our weekend! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our weekend!   Our weekend! EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks Jen!

There are a lot of woeful shots too- but I played with trying different shutter speeds, ISO etc on the manual setting just to try and get a better hang of what happens when I change different settings! I took lots at the waterfall!!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapperazzi.blogspot.com/
keljoy

keljoy

Our weekend! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our weekend!   Our weekend! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:13 pm

I am ALWAYS blown away by photos of your gorgeous girl - her blue eyes are AMAZING!!!! And by the way, she's looking a bit grown up - wow her face has changed into a young lady!!!! Hi missy moo btw!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our weekend! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our weekend!   Our weekend! Empty

Back to top Go down

Our weekend!
Page 1 of 1