JenKelRelDesigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our place to Hangout

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
keljoy

keljoy

Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy??? Empty
PostSubject: Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy???   Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy??? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Well, after another horrid month of extreme pain (three days off work), I think it's time I went ahead, but I'm scared. For many reasons, maybe some are silly, but I guess that's normal (at least I hope it is). Danny turns 40 and is starting to show signs of the 'mid-life' thoughts - what have I achieved, where do I go now, can I really be this old? I can't 'naturally' have a child, but if he changes his mind, if I have my 'parts and pieces' out, I can't do anything - which I think means that secretly (very secretly), I harboured a hope that we would have a child together. I am too old now, but always thought - one day! Am also worried about the 'hormone' changes - already suffering from depression, will this make it worse? It's not exactly reversable, so if it turns out bad, I kinda have nowhere to go!!! And lastly (and probably the most silly), does it mean I will be 'less woman'? Will I not feel feminine anymore or want to have sex???? I have researched the Internet, but that has made me even more confused!!! Anyway - I have an Ultrasound tomorrow to see if there is any other reason for the pain (cysts, etc.), then a Gyno appt in Feb, then 'decision time'. Anyway, a bit nervous!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy???   Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy??? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 pm

OK a couple of quick facts as it's only 6.30 and my brain is not yet functioning. I will think about this today and write some more tonight.

firstly, if you only have your uterus out and leave the ovaries you will still go through menopause only not have the bleeding or pain part of it (I think that's a bonus) so you need to ask if they are going to leave the ovaries in. If they do take the ovaries out then you will have to go on HRT as you are too young not to have an oestrogen source. It is more common to leave ovaries in.

secondly, noone can answer the question about having a child together, you need to talk with Danny about this one and believe what he says.

Thirdly, the question about being 'lesser a woman', well I think that question must come from Mars as there as lots of women out there happily without a uterus and they haven't grown green heads yet!!

Will you feel horny, sexy? I think the answer is YES, because you will feel so much better without the organ.

YOu need to write all your questions down as they pop into your head and make sure they are all answered before you get to hospital.

will be back tonight for stage 2.
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy???   Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy??? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:53 pm

I cant answer any of your questions.... but I can send you big cyber hugs!!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapperazzi.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy???   Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hysterectomy or not to Hysterectomy???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JenKelRelDesigns :: General chatting-
Jump to: