JenKelRelDesigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our place to Hangout

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Everyone OK with this weather?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

Everyone OK with this weather? Empty
PostSubject: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:13 am

Hard to ebelieve what is going on with the weather right around this country of ours!

Are you both OK with the rain around your homes? Do you have family in QLD> (My Uncle lives on the main road into Toowomba so we had some worrying times tryig to get hold of them them but they are all OK- thank you God!)

Whast are your plans for the wet weekend? We have tickets to the cricket tonight which I bought back in July!! Not sure the game will go ahead but we'll head into the city anyway and see. Tomorrow morning Steve is s'posed to be doing the Rally drive I gave him for his birthday (again, might have to wait and see if that goes ahead with the weather) and Meg has a birthday part tomorrow afternoon.

Hope you both stay dry and find some time for some crafting therapy this weekend!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapperazzi.blogspot.com/
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Cricket went ahead- awesome game! Long night though as the carpark was closed at the G so we had to catch public transport and didnt end up getting home til after 1.00am!

Steve's rally drive was cancelled as the track was flooded! rescheduled, but not til March 19th!

And now Steve has gone to Bendigo to work in the Incident control centre for the floods!
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:13 am

Hi Ladies,
Must be a quiet household with Steve in Bendigo, at least floods are not as worrying (in terms of personal safety) as bushfires are.
Heard about Meg's op next week, is she also having adenoids or just grommits. Hope it goes OK.

Daren also went to down for the cricket and took Katy, our UK housemate (with Leigh). No doubt they are still teasing her.
He is there again today but I haven't watched so I don't know yet if he will leave early.

Lots of rain here (106mm) and Benalla had some minor flooding. We had a few roads cut for a short while but that's it.

Had an interesting morning today. Found a half dead possum on the road when I took Bridie for her walk. Barely moving, i picked it up as I couldn't cope with the thought of it dying on the road in the sun or being run over. I left it (her) in a blanket expecting her to die but she picked up and I have just transferred her to an animal shelter. Hope she makes it, she was really cute, but didn't seem injured.

Other than that just doing a bit of scrapping, lots of mowing ( a product of the recent rains) and hiding indoors away from the sun.

hope you are both well and buzzing.
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:35 am

Oh that's so sweet re the possum- sure hope it survives! Did you give it a name?!!

Meg's surgeon is going to have a look at her adenoids and see if they need to be done- it's listed on the paperwork as one component of the surgery (might as well have a look whilst she is under the anesthestic!) It's the same anaethatist (I can never spell that word!) that she has ahd for her last 3 surgeries and he is really good- he seems to get the level just right for the kids so they come out of it well. we have to be at Freemasons at 7.00am, but she will be one of the last kids to be operated on as they start with the youngest.

Kids and I did some work in the garden and cleaned up all the outside area yesterday and inside housework today. Trying to catch up on ironing tonight and then I really hope to get some scrapping in one night this week! Its been so long!
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:46 am

Yes I called the possum Roxy, but sadly she died this afternoon. The woman at the animal shelter was wonderful and rang me back to tell me When I went there (just an ordinary house in Benalla) there were 2 joeys in hanging pouches, 2 little wombats and a variety of birds in cages. so cute.

At least Roxy didn't die by being run over, laying in the sun in the middle of the road or eaten by a dog. She was comfortable wrapped in a snuggle pouch. She probably had internal injuries.

I think you should give yourself permission to have some scrapping time tonight.
I've been card making all today, the girls at Girls Shed asked me to run a cardmaking class at the next group (Feb 3). I wanted to make some easy examples. I thought I'd run it as a 'donation' only, and provide some supplies (I have lots of scraps) and donate it to the flood appeal.

Isn't that funny, I'm making cards, and churning them out like I have a business.

Oh, I used some 'Little Boy - Echo park papers today. Will load up tonight on the blog.

Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 am

RIP in little Roxy Sad
Back to top Go down
keljoy

keljoy

PostSubject: Re: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:59 pm

OMG - so srry I've missed all this. Poor little Roxy. Hasn't the humidity been awful? But I guess we can't complain with what is happening everywhere else.
Back to top Go down
keljoy

keljoy

PostSubject: Re: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Jen wrote:
Yes I called the possum Roxy, but sadly she died this afternoon. The woman at the animal shelter was wonderful and rang me back to tell me When I went there (just an ordinary house in Benalla) there were 2 joeys in hanging pouches, 2 little wombats and a variety of birds in cages. so cute.

At least Roxy didn't die by being run over, laying in the sun in the middle of the road or eaten by a dog. She was comfortable wrapped in a snuggle pouch. She probably had internal injuries.

I think you should give yourself permission to have some scrapping time tonight.
I've been card making all today, the girls at Girls Shed asked me to run a cardmaking class at the next group (Feb 3). I wanted to make some easy examples. I thought I'd run it as a 'donation' only, and provide some supplies (I have lots of scraps) and donate it to the flood appeal.

Isn't that funny, I'm making cards, and churning them out like I have a business.

Oh, I used some 'Little Boy - Echo park papers today. Will load up tonight on the blog.

No surprise, you are officially a 'Cardmaker' now!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone OK with this weather?   Everyone OK with this weather? Empty

Back to top Go down

Everyone OK with this weather?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JenKelRelDesigns :: General chatting-
Jump to: